When I start feeling down in the dumps or like there is too much juggling going on and not enough time/energy/caffeine in the world to get me through, if I can implement one of the following, I can lift myself back up .
- Hearing the laughter of children, especially my son
- Cuddling with a baby
- Cuddling with a furry animal friend (including my husband, oh!!! zing!)
- Putting on my favorite musical soundtracks and belting (or singing quietly if I’m at work)
- Playing one of my instruments/singing
- Dressing to the nines in a vintage outfit
- Painting or drawing abstract things
- And finally, putting on fun music and dancing wildly around the apartment, specifically this version of “Wig in a Box” by Polyphonic Spree – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdVHA5iulUo
In what ways do you lift your spirits?