I know I have mentioned before how the autumn is really my time to get my butt kicked into high gear and work on all the things, and that is how it has been feeling. Several projects are finally culminating into their final swing, some serious personal development has been going on, and I am excited to continue sharing here everything that I can. That being said, I wanted to give a little bit of a run down of where I’m at on things, partially to give me something to look back on in a month when I am reflecting on the year overall.
- I am currently compiling my second poetry collection and really hope to have this out by the end of the year.
- I wrote a huge chunk in my post-apocalyptic short story and hope to actually start shopping it around along with a few others after the first of the year.
- I’m making good progress on my Shakespeare poems and will start doing art pieces to go with those at some point next year.
- I have scanned and am in the process of editing the illustrations for my poetry collection and am designing the book cover for said collection.
- I am teaching myself to work on a tablet for digital designs in the hopes of eventually designing my own fabric prints to use in my sewing career.
- I am designing my next two shows and committing the costumes to paper this week, which is always a little scary but exciting.
- I finished writing another song last night! This is the one I scrapped and rewrote, and I need to edit it, but it feels good to have it done.
- I have started getting my singing chops back again slowly after another break from it due to crazy parenting and gig schedule.
- I’ve been playing my flute once or twice a week while my daughter is in preschool, even if I have other things I “should” be doing, and it’s felt great.
Now how much I can push forward will depend again on both my paying design gigs and also I am trying to open a custom clothing boutique online as we go into the new year. So we shall see how that goes. But it feels good to be creating right now.